Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bitter


The city couldn't look any brighter than it does tonight.
It's hard to think that I come to your house and I don't even take off my coat anymore.
What did I do wrong?
I'm being sent back.
Don't waste our last 5 minutes asking why.
Sometimes dark roads are the only cure for confusion.
With my foot on the gas I can at least pretend I'm going somewhere.
I'll try not to lose my imagination. I'll try not to lose sight of all the things that got me where I am.
Wings are no use without feathers.
But only few have wings that work anyway.
These feet will do just fine.
Why do I waste my time with makeup when you don't even look me in the eyes?
I'll run all the red lights just to feel alive.
I'll get there in one piece and I won't even remember how I did.
People people people.
Problems problems problems.
Space space and space.
Wasted space.
I'm not afraid. Ask anyone.
It just takes me a minute to warm up.
I'll help you pretend.
I'll tell you what sounds good.
But at the end of the day, I'll deny it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment