Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Betsy

One day things will be easier.
Our smiles won't fade so quickly and our past won't seem as far away.
Why is it so hard to look you in the eyes?
Maybe because I've never been more honest.
It's frightening to think that in one moment it could all end.
But I'd bet everything that my last heart beat isn't the end of it.
Some nights I strive to destroy myself. Then the morning comes and i come to my senses.
A Spider like mechanism makes familiar music in a familiar city. Surrounded by familiar people saying familiar things. But the feeling I get is brand new. Every time.
My fingernails started to tingle and I felt a stiffness in the back of my neck.
My mouth became dry and the air became thinner.
From then on I referred to myself as Betsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment