Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's It Gonna Take?


I belong in the crowd.
Too tired to explain nothing.
It took an entire five minutes to put an end to it all.
And it only took 16 years to grow up.
All along I thought you would break my heart, but since we all know it was already broken, you surprised me and ended up putting just a little bit of it back together.
The world will still spins while I'm sleeping.
And the glory of it is there is nothing I can do to change it.
A sober city.
I've completely lost count.
I guess you could say that I finally made it.
It's warming up outside. I don't know if I'm ready.
I've never wanted to be alone so much.
When the thunder shook the city and the rain hit my face, I realized.
There's only one heart beating in this chest of mine.
I hate surprises.
It bothers me only because it doesn't bother you at all.
I just can't lose sight of what I need.
I'm ready to sit in the sun alone. And when the time comes I can watch the storm.
Maybe my bad memory is a blessing.
An empty bed doesn't sound so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment