Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Focus


Finally. I'm back in my skin.
But the constant noise is getting to me.
I’m ready for the silence.
At this point in time, it’s harder to tune things out than it ever has been before.
I’ll be frank.
No matter who decides to soak in my words.
Even when you’re drenched, I’ll say what I need to say, not what you want to hear.
And I'll close the blinds in hopes I might sleep in.
That way maybe time will go by faster.
The only problem with that is, when I wake up, that familiar taste seeps back into my mouth.
Guilt.
But so far, so good.
Dreams are only dreams.
I'll save the best for last.
I practically ignored November.
But I guess that’s a good thing.
It’s the hardest month of the year anyway.
I just don’t like to feel numb.
I’d rather feel every sentiment in the world than to feel nothing at all.
It proves I’m still human.
In a place like this it’s easy to forget.
Thank you December.
Maybe you can help me make sense of all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment