Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Great Divorce

This what seems to be, broken home, still brings tears to her eyes.
They tried for us and they tried for eachother.
But no matter what, water and oil don't mix.
We don't hate them for it like she thinks we do.
"I broke my promise to God" she says in shame.
But she takes that more seriously than we do.
She'll never stop regretting, and we'll never be able to thank her enough.
She made the hardest decision a mother could make.
And it was for the sake of her children.
So they could learn to love.
So they could grow up in peace.
I never understood it when I was younger.
But now I see.
I am no longer the naieve little girl that believes everything goes as planned.
My mother will never know what she has done for my family.
At times she believes she broke us. But the truth is, she has really
held us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment